Advertising´s Young Minds
You know how everybody loves ranks, right?… There´s Todd And´s Power 150 Blogs in Marketing, Scamp makes the Ad Blog Charts and lately, Scott Weisbrod started the Top 30 Canadian Marketing and Advertising Blogs rank
Anyway, those ranks only track the top blogs, the ones that are written by the experienced people in our industry and because of that are the ones that everyone already reads. So, one day while reading Clay´s analysis of his position in the Power 150 ranking, I sort of realized how difficult would be for any young mind in the advertising industry to actually make it in one of those list. So I decide to make our own niche rank, Advertising´s Young Minds: the Top 27 blogs of people under 27.
I guess it will be a nice thing to do and would bring a lot of attention to those blogs, letting people discover the new talents of our industry.
The methodology would be very similar to the Todd And´s Power 150 blogs, counting the Google PageRank and Bloglines suscribers, but it will have a couple of differences:
1. Instead of the Technorati Ranking I will count the Technorati Authority. This will show a more qualitative metric as it measure only the number of blogs that reacted to the content. (I see it like the ability to generate and engage in conversations)
2. Instead of personal points I will count how many times the content of the blog has been bookmarked in Del.icio.us, which I think shows how interesting the content produced in that blog actually is.
3. Instead of the complex algorhytms used in the Power 150 rank, I will sum the real numbers, not a “given scale value”, that way any of us could know really how to improve their ranks.
So, what you have to do to be in the Advertising´s Young Minds rank?
Here are the rules:
1. Your blog must be written in english
2. Your blog must have been active for the past 3 months
3. You must be under 27 years old
4. You must work or want to work in advertising
5. You can only have one blog in the rank.
Easy, right? Well, the idea is to do this ranking every two months, so if you know any blog that should be in this list, please leave a comment or drop me a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. I know there are thousands and thousands of blogs out there waiting to be found, so please help me to make this the more complete possible.
So, with no further things to be said, I present you the very first ranking of Advertising´s Young Minds
UPDATE: And here you have a badge if you want to put it in your blog.